Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Cont'd

Okay! Here are the other Easter Cards that I promised ya! As you can see by these cards, once I get a sketch that I like…..I like to recreate it until I’m sick of it! I am not very good at sitting down and making 10 different cards but I am pretty good at making 10 of one sketch with a few tweaks! I just LOVED these colors. I used to think I was not a fan of yellow or orange, but SU! has introduced me to some great yellows and oranges and I find myself reaching for them more often now! I even painted my bathroom something similar to Barely Banana and So Safron…with a touch of Apricot Appeal! I had pieces of the cardstock stuck on the wall for weeks so I could see which I liked best, then I picked one and went to town painting it and I LOVE it! Okay, back to those cards!

First off, I have to tell you about the stamp set I used for this one! Sweet Tweets (not to be confused with Sweet Teats, which I’ve caught myself saying many times on accident), it is a retired set from TAC and I think these chicks are just so cute! I love their long legs and the simplicity of each image! All of the following cards are basically the same layout on a 4-1/4 square card. On the first two cards, I used PTI Stamper’s Select White Cardstock. After using this paper, I won’t settle for any other white cardstock as a base of a card! Cuttlebug and Nestabilities make it this sketch so easy! I used the Swiss Dot and Petite Ovals. It goes together easy-peasy! I colored the images with Prismacolor Double-ended Art Markers. I almost forgot to mention that I did sneak PTI Limitless Labels in there for the “Happy Easter!” I only used the sentiment on one card because I wanted these to also be good for spring cards, baby cards, or any-occasion cards.



On the next two cards, I used the Spring DCWV stack from last year, Nestabilities scalloped rectangles and ovals, and the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I apparently didn’t use Swiss Dot for every card! The one on the left is Swiss Dot just turned with the dots facing down and the “holes” facing up. I liked how it gave a softer look. The one on the right, however, was created with the Paisley embossing folder! These are still basically the same layout as above, just one more added layer….still easy-peasy! I also added a little pink bling for flowers!



And the final two cards, well they are just the same, no surprise, but I did use a different stamp set, oh! And it looks like I used a different embossing folder!! This stamp set is called “Be Curious” and it is also a retired TAC set! Unfortunately, they retired a lot of good ones! These flowers are just so cute to me and make me smile! Just in case you are wondering, I use a Big Shot to do my die cutting and embossing. I have been very satisfied with it for over a year. It is compatible with just about everything out there, and I think I get a great result!




Okay, one last thing! For an added bonus, I thought you might like to see my stinkin Easter baskets!

I had some white treat boxes that I cut the handles off of, I used my Creative Memories custom cutting system, ovals, to create the "egg", and to cut the handle out, and then I glued it to the box. I added a bit of embellishments and layers and this is what I got! I have seen some other baskets like this before at Splitcoast Stampers, but I do not know the original gallery or creator. Stampin UP! Pun Fun is the stamp set that I used. This set is a bit on the pricey side, but so far, I've used it to make plenty of Easter stuff, and a Birthday card for my sister. I mounted the set "unconventionally" by cutting of the phrases and mounting those on the side of the block that way I don't have to use the words if I choose not to, or worry about masking them off.


Thanks for checking out my stuff! Hopefully I will get a chance to create something new this weekend to share with you!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE all of them. Especially the skunks!
Hope you are having a great day!

mwebb said...

Very cute Kisa!! i just got my big order from PTI, I hope I can make something cute with all my new suff. If I can't maybe I'll have to give it all to you. :o)

Erin McKinney said...

what sweet projects! I love the little chicks in the ovals!

Jackie said...

Those are gorgeous! I love that Swiss Dots folder and the combination of that and the Nestabilities with those cute stamped images is perfect!

Unknown said...

how adorable!

Rita Kegg said...

these are darling!! Nice job! Rita

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin