Thursday, May 1, 2008

A bella and some news!

So here it is....the card I mentioned yesterday.

UnderthehoodyBella.underthehoodyI colored this Bella image a few nights ago with my Prismacolor markers and LOVED the colors. I LOVE the chair! My husband is a barber and his barber chair is a vintage bright red leather chair with chrome, so I knew I had to color the chair red (at least the first time)! I was a little nervous about using the red marker directly on the paper, so I colored red all over a clear plastic stamp case then picked up the color with my colorless blending pen, then took that to the paper. This seemed to work really well and I liked the color it achieved. I didn't color it perfectly and I bled out of the lines in a few places and tables are too grey, but I had already colored the robe and chair so I wasn't starting over! I think it turned out pretty good (minus the table top). I colored the dryer hood with a silver prismacolor pencil and popped it. Then I went to bed! The next morning, while I wasn't supposed to be stamping, I walked by my table and saw a scrap of red paper on the floor. It had some embossed circles on it and I thought...."Oh, this would look good with the red chair!" So my table pulled me in and I had to finish the card! I dug through my scraps and found a nice little scrap to match the robe. Usually when I spend a lot of time coloring something I try to keep the rest of the card simple to sort of showcase the colored image. I laid it all out and decided the turquoise needed a bit of something. I found my Daisy Ds rub-on tape and ran it across the paper a few times, added some brads...and that was it! These are not my normal colors, but I think they look great (minus the table....it really needs to be a different color..maybe I will just make a new card!).

The News.

I am very happy to announce that I have been chosen for Jacksonbelle Embellishment's Design Team. I've been shopping with Lindsey at Jacksonbelle Embellishments for a couple of years now, and when she made her design team call I just knew I had to submit. I love her little shop! My local friends all know that it is very hard to find good stamping/crafting supplies around here (the nearest Michaels is over 2 hours away....gasp!) so we end up doing a lot of on-line shopping. I'm so excited to be working with Lindsey and all of the other design team members! Stop by, say hello, and tell them I sent ya!!

Lynda Benden
Beth Thomas
Lila Holgate
Maren Benedict
Erin McKinney
Dee Jackson
Broni Holcombe
Amber Hight
Elizebeth Neumann


12 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so thrilled for you. They couldn't have picked a more talented and deserving person!!!

As for the bella card...LOVE IT!! I love the bold colors. You are killing me with the rub-on tape. I need to get some of that! Great job!

Kisa Peters said...

I'm just testing something! Ha!
my blog

Delia said...

Kisa,
Congrats on making the design team!!! I am so excited for you. As for the card, I love it and I think the table looks great...it matches the base of the stool. When I look at it I see a stainless steel table. Love it.

Anonymous said...

This is darling! I LOVE the colors and your coloring looks awesome!! WAHOO Congrats no your new gig!! ;)

Deana said...

Oh I love this Bella. My Mom had a Vintage barber chair, but it was black.

Congratulations on the DT, she couldn't have picked a better member then you.

mwebb said...

Congratulations Kisa!!!

Nice card too!!! :o)

Sara in WI said...

I love the card! And congratulations!
Sara in WI

Erin McKinney said...

HI! I'm so excited to be on this new venture! I look forward to getting to know you!

Elizebeth said...

This is so cute! And I'm gonna have to order those rub on tapes, too cool!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

KISA, congratulations!! I am so excited for you, and wow, what a great gig, 'cause she sells ALLLLLLL the good stuffs.

Bella is fabulous as always.

Lori Barnett said...

Hey...congrats! Cute Bella stamp! I don't remember seeing this one before...guess I'll have to go monitor shopping

Anonymous said...

Kisa,

Congratulations!! You are so talented and they are lucky to have you. Love the bella and the coloring is as you say, "delish!"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin