Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, Already?

Well I hope you all had a great weekend, and for you mothers, I hope you had a very enjoyable Mother's Day! All I can say is that I am NOT ready for the weekend to be over...and I am NOT ready for it to be Monday, but here it is...Monday. I've got a busy week ahead of me with baseball and softball, but I will try to keep my posts coming!

Today I wanted to share with you something that I made last Sunday. I was at the scrapbooking store looking at some Tres Jolie Bonjour Boy and Father paper (beautiful stuff, by the way), when I spied a quote. When I read it, I knew I needed to make something with it. I LOVE making decorated frames with these kinds of quotes, so I decided that was what I would do. When I read the quote, one person, or one kind of person, came to mind, a soldier. My dad was in Vietnam so when I read about heroes he is who I usually think of, but another person came to my mind this time...another soldier. I never had a chance to meet this man, but my dad did. My dad has been good friends with his father for nearly 40 years. My dad and his father both served in Vietnam and have remained friends and kept in touch over the years, seeing each other nearly every year. The day after September 11, this man's son signed up for the Army, at age 26. He was killed by a homemade bomb detonated near the military vehicle that he and three other solders were in on April 28, 2005.

The Frame.
Heroes

3 comments:

Sue Strozyk said...

What a touching story, I love your card. The colors are great,and the "hero" sentiment is beautiful. Very nice card. Thanks for sharing

Heather said...

Love the frame. It is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure he is going to absolutely love it!!! Great job!!!

Delia said...

Beautifu frame, you did an excellent job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin