Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jacksonbelle Tuesday

Today's JB Challenge wasn't really much of a challenge for me at all....use something from Jacksonbelle Embellishments Store - well that isn't hard - is it!?! Perhaps more of a challenge would be DON'T use Shimmerz cuz I'm totally addicted! I wonder if there is some odorless fume coming from this stuff that has an addictive quality.....or is it just the shimmery glimmery glow of it? Either way......I'm hooked!
The Card.
Yes, I know this card is just plain ol' simple.....but I planned it that way! Sometimes it is nice to just keep it plain and simple, appreciate some really cute paper and a darling little deer! The paper is from Memory Box and the deer is from Detours - October Afternoon. I used Wild Wasabi paper and Certainly Celery, and the ribbon is American Crafts.

So where does the Shimmerz come in? You might have to click on the card (or see the picture posted below) to see it.....but the whole piece of patterned paper is covered with it! It is beautiful in real life! I used Green Olive Shimmerz Glitter Paint for the patterned paper and Coffee Shimmerz for the deer. So now plain old paper...is all shiny and new! The ribbon is very shimmery too with gold flecks, so I thought it went well.

Close-up.


Inside.

I really like the sentiment and the tree that also come with this stamp set, so I thought I'd show you the inside too! I made this card for a friend's birthday - she's already received it so it is okay to share it here! I hope she enjoyed it!

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's cards - I know they are fab!
The Queen Bee...Lindsey
Lynda Benden
Amber Hight
Beth Thomas
Broni Holcombe
Dee Jackson
Elizebeth Neumann
Erin McKinney
Lila Holgate
Maren Benedict

Thanks for stopping by! Check out the Throwdown colors tomorrow!

7 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

This is so... cute! I love it! That cute little deer was waiting for me when I got home! Can't wait to ink it up! Love the inside, too!

Maren said...

So sweet!! What a DEER card! :-)

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my Kisa, I really need that deer and those papers ~ so cute!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH this is sooo cute Kisa!I just love it! LOVE sparkle too!!

Erin McKinney said...

so cute...love how you embellished the inside, too!

Lila H said...

Kisa!!! This is sooooo CUTE!!! I'm really diggin all the samples you've come up with using October Afternoon papers and their super cute stamps..... I guess I need to make some time and use those..... super duper cute! - don't forget to link back to the Shimmerz for entry into the drawing for more free ones!

Heather said...

I must have missed this post...super cute card!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin