Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday, already?

I just can't believe that it is already Thursday! This week flew by!

Last weekend, while I was out of town, I managed to fit in one small scrapbooking/stamping store - my kids allowed me 5 minutes - I took 6! I had been looking at this stamp set at an online store somewhere and when I saw it at the store I grabbed it and ran! Well, I paid for it first, then ran! I think it is very cute! It is called Turtle Crossing by Tricia Santry Studio, a line from Fiskars. I was happy to only pay 8.50 and no shipping! I thought the turtles would be fun to color but honestly they were a lot harder than I had imagined! I'm just not very good with shading with my prismacolor markers. I will try Gamsol and Prismacolor pencils next time! I seem to do a little bit better with those!

The Card.

I stamped the main image with Palette Noir and colored the turtles with Prismacolor Markers. Then I cut them out and painted over each one with Shimmerz. I used Green Olive, Pumpkin and Pink. I stamped the image again, colored the turtle heads and then layered the shells using dimensionals. I'm not the best cutter in the world, so I cheated and used a tiny butterfly punch for the butterflies rather than cutting them out! You can see in the close-up view that the punch isn't exactly perfect, so where the white showed through, I just filled it in with a black marker - a bit cheesy but it does the job! I punched the sentiment out with a circle punch, but I didn't have a scallop punch that was the right size, so I took the SU! scallop punch and cut it up and made it smaller, taping it to the back of the "smile" circle - I thought I was quite clever! Then I went CRAZY! I went crazy with my Zig pen and made dots all over the place. I even put dots on the patterned paper in the background of the card! (which happens to be Prima Paper, Urban Cosmos). I even used Black Stickles on the turtle shells to give it even more dimension! I added a little Martha Stewart Ribbon to tie it all together! I'm quite pleased with the card actually - it has such a funky whimsical look to it! I think the turtle shells would make really cute mushroom caps! Now for the turtle heads....???

Thanks for stopping by! I will post a blue turtle tomorrow! He's really cute too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card and lovvvvvvveeee the stamp! That was six very successful minutes!

Broni said...

What precious images and an adorable card! Love the double ribbon, and all the dots and shimmer! (By the way, I got married when I was 18!)

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Kisa, it's FAB! I love those images, I haven't seen them before! As always you are the queen of the enablers.

I think your coloring turned out great. Can't wait to see the blue one too!

marywebb said...

Great Card Kisa!! How was your dinner last night? I finished my last class last night, so now I have my summer!!!!

Heather said...

Super cute images...FANTASTIC card! You really outdid yourself with this one. It is absolutely terrific.
The shells would definitely make some good mushrooms...

Delia said...

Another awesome card, it's beautiful, great colors!!!

Stacy said...

Adorable! I just love turtles, weird for a girl I know, but I just think they are so cute.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, I needed a little lift today :0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin