Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Craft Lounge – Image Gallery

Woohoo! The image gallery at Our Craft Lounge is up and running – it looks great and it makes noise! Just click on the “Image Gallery” button just below the stamp set images and you’ll get to see a bunch of samples!

And now for a card!

Let’s give some love to Spring Garden! I feel like this card is just a bit different from something I’d normally make….and I love it! I love the bright colors, and I had a great time coloring it! This is how I used to color in my coloring books growing up. I had to have Crayola Crayons (a brand new box) and Markers, thick and thin! First you outline the image (well I guess it would be in-lining because you do it to the inside the outside of the image – confused yet?) You run your marker JUST inside the black line! THEN you color with crayons. Well, I didn’t actually use crayons because I ONLY like to use brand new sharp crayons….forget the crumbled pieces, and we didn’t have any. I used my Prismacolor colored pencils and SU Markers instead. In a real coloring book, this technique looks GREAT and the marker helps keep you inside the lines – it isn’t easy to color a wax crayon over a marker mark, and it gives a bit of shading too…even looks pretty cool with different colors! If you try it – let me know – I’d love to see! I also used a white gel pen on the photo corners, the scalloped oval, and the butterflies. I used some MAMBI Bling for the flower centers and some black rhinestones (Thanks Heather) for the butterflies. Oh, and the patterned paper is My Minds Eye.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Hey Kisa :) ... love your spring garden, it's so cheerful & fun!! You're such a creative girl, I left a little award for you over at my blog today!

hugs, nancy (www.papersmiles.blogspot.com)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin