Thursday, February 12, 2009

Painting Paper

One of my many favorite techniques with Shimmerz is to paint patterned paper to give it a new look and a new color!  I love this Basic Grey paper but I wanted it a bit more green, not so pink….so I pulled out my Celery Shimmerz and painted it!  I actually painted both pieces of patterned paper that I used on this card so they would match each other.  I just love the subtle color and shine the Shimmerz gives the paper!  I used a Basic Grey Urban Prairie rub-on on white paper for the main image and then sponged with Certainly Celery ink all around it to make the paper green. 

I hope you can see the difference between the original colored patterned paper and the Shimmerz painted piece in this picture.  I know you can’t see the shimmer in these photos, but what I really wanted to show was the soft color change Shimmerz also gives.

Here is another example of painted paper that I did quite a while ago – the image and paper on the left are painted with the Sunflower Shimmerz and the papers on the right are the original colors.

 

Oh, and I wanted to remind you that Shimmerz Design Team call is still open - Applications will be accepted through 11:59PM Mountain Time on Sunday, February 15th.  You can find more info here: Shimmerz Design Team Call

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I would have never thought to paint paper. TFS:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin