Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting Messy with Cami!

First, you need to read Cami’s blog! She’s a funny funny girl!  Cami and I worked together this weekend for National Scrapbook Day at a local scrapbooking store (Memories of Time) doing make and takes.  It was really a fun day! After the day slowed down we had a chance to participate in the other M&Ts that were offered in the store. 

kisaspapercuts298

Jenny Dill does all that cool collage grungy messy stuff.  I think it looks gorgeous, but so not in my comfort zone!  As soon as I sat down the stress began!  We used Ranger inks to create the background.  You can find a similar tutorial on Eclectic Paperie’s Blog. 

Jenny and I fought nearly the WHOLE time over it! It was all in good fun, but I honestly think we frazzled each other by the time we were done!  She wanted me to add a big PURPLE Prima flower! “What, PURPLE?” I said!!  “There is NO PURPLE anywhere on this. “ She said, “Yes, that is why you add it. It will make everything POP!”  Ya, I said, “It will make my eyes POP out!”  No PURPLE!  So she said, “"Okay, Green!”  and she handed me a GLOREOUS GREEN-colored Prima!  I said, “NO WAY that is worse than the purple!”  I compromised and I added ONE small green scroll-punch thing.  I said, “Is that good enough for the green?”  She so disappointedly said, “Yes, I guess that will do.”  She was happy that I used Stickles, and she did agree that is was very pretty, but I basically got an F in that class for FAILING to step out of my box!  BUT, I LOVE my project and I did sort of follow the rules…and I did add green (although it was NOTHING close to the color she wanted me to use!)  Everything that left her table was GORGEOUS though!!!  She’s a very talented Messy girl! 

Make sure you check out Cami’s messy make-n-take!  I’ll bet she was exhausted when she left the table….and she followed the rules! 

Jenny dear, I honestly loved your project and can’t wait to take more classes! 

6 comments:

Heather said...

This is totally beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! WOW!!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Kisa!!

Debbie Corbari said...

This is Rockin Kisa! OMG I'm so jealous...that class sounds like so much fun! Love the green you added! ;)

Bonita Rose said...

love the colors of this project.. ur work is stunning!

Memories of Time said...

Kisa... thanks for wearing her down for me! LOL. Yours still looks crisp and clean... I LOVE It! Those Stickles really makes it POP. Poor Jenny... I think she will run and hide when she sees us coming to her class!

Joy said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!!!! I love gettin' dirty! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin