Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I did a challenge!!

A Splitcoast Stampers Challenge!  Clean and Simple!  I’m so proud of myself!  CAS17 to be precise!  And you know what?  I LOVE my card!  It might not look too clean or simple, but it really was….and I read the directions for the CAS challenge and it said if you think it is clean and simple then post it! So I’m posting it!!

The inspiration for the challenge was beach towels and totes at Land’s End, and the first beach towel that jumped out at me was a tie-dyed one!  It looked just like some paper I had made a few weeks ago with Ranger Distress Ink!  (I used Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, and Fired Brick.  I smooshed the ink pads onto a craft sheet, misted it with a bit of water, then pressed my paper into the ink.  I don’t like to get the mucky dirty color, so I don’t swirl it around too much.) So, there was my SIMPLE part of the card! My paper was already made for me! 

I found a few pieces of SU! cardstock that I thought matched well (I used my last piece of Morning Marigold – GASP!).   I used the stamp set, Life’s A Beach by Our Craft Lounge.  I am in LUV with this set! Do you want to know the COOLEST thing about this set?  It’s clear AND you can move the tree around on your block so you can change the way it leans! Smart, eh?  So, now it looks like I have TWO tree stamps, but really, it is just one! 

And the other simple part of the card was the fact that I already had the tree tops stamped, embossed     and cut out.  Thanks Cami for giving me those!!)  I added just a little Sparkly Fluff (Brown Sugar) to the sand and a bit of Clear Sakura Glaze to the waves. 

So what do you think? Clean and Simple enough for a Splitcoast Clean and Simple Challenge? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kisa... YOU ARE BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT! I LOVE what you did with those trees! OMGosh... AWESBOMB!!

Debbie Corbari said...

Oh...My...GAWD girl! You are AMAZING! Seriously! GENIUS! Love how you bent that tree!!!! Love your tye-died look! Holy Crap you are just Fabulous!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

AWESOME! Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin