Friday, February 4, 2011

DIRTY… I have to work at it…

Well, if you know me well enough you know that I don’t have to work too hard to have my mind in the gutter, but I do have to work pretty hard to get extra creative and down and dirty with my paper crafting!  First, I must admit that I made this card weeks months ago.   I thought I’d give sponging and grunging another go!  I can’t say that I LOVE this card but I can say that I do love parts of it!  I think it had potential – but I fizzled out in the end and didn’t really know what do with my main image.  

paris1

I used Butterfly Kisses (which is actually one of the sets that I designed so I LUV it!), Vintage Traveler, and Under Lock and Key  all from Our Craft Lounge – these are such fabulous stamp sets for collage-style stamping!  I also played around with one of Tim’s many fabulous tools – Mini Mask – Florets – that’s the yummy flourish design peeking through the Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink – the blending tools work fabulously with these masks!!   Then to add a little dimension to it, I used a Versa-Mark around the edge of the Nestabilities, sponging it up onto the image’s edge just a little, then I embossed with Black Ranger Embossing Powder….. and then I kind of fizzled and finished the card of kind of lamely. 

 

I’ve got basketball game to go to tonight – Play hard Shawn!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great one!

6 comments:

Justine said...

I think this is very cool, great warm colors

Debbie Corbari said...

Are ya KIDDING me? Kisa! This is GORGEOUS! (even though none of *my* sets are involved..lol!) I love the colors! Love how all the images work so well together...you rocked this!

Pam said...

Yep, you know dirty alright!
This is anything but lame my dear Kister, I love it!

Unknown said...

Kisa, I love this card!!! I really love the colors & the 'dirty' feel!!! I have a birthday coming up & would be very happy to find this in my mail box!!! ;)

Thanks for sharing with us!!!

~Ola
zloe.blogspot.com

dpkennedy said...

Very perty! Love the dirty look!

Micki said...

Are U kidding? I LOVE this card. It's awesome and totally totally loving it. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin