Friday, March 25, 2011

A Sweet Little Mermaid! – Repost!!

Ewwwe!! I’m not sure what happened with my post this morning but the photo was NOT the way it was supposed to be! I’ll try again!!

I LOVE this The Greeting Farm image – Mermaid Anya – she’s just so cute and so fun to color!  I actually colored her MONTHS ago when Joy was in town for an Our Craft Lounge class with Cami and I.  I saved the image for a special day… then when I saw the shimmery ric-rac I knew it was time to pull her out, as I thought it would make great waves and I knew exactly what sentiment I wanted to use as well!! 

Mermaid-GF---KP

The sentiment “Hope your birthday is a SPLASH” is from OCL’s set – Whale of a Tale.  I stamped it in Broken China Distress Ink – I also dyed the seam binding with the same ink! (I LOVE THAT STUFF)

I colored the mermaid with Copic markers – and I also used a blue Spica pen to create some scales on her fins!!  Then I glammed her up with Kaiser Craft Rhinestones – Aqua Marine and Kaiser Craft Pearls – Snow

Here you can kind of see the scale pattern, right?  Well imagine it all purdy and shimmery!

Mermaid-GF---KP

We’ve had so much rain here this month, I’m sort of starting to feel a bit like a fish myself – wish I could at least have shimmery scales – my scale more like shimmies from the weight of me… it must think I’m a whale!! haha!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!

1 comment:

Kelly Booth said...

She is adorable....always been one of my FAVES....Adorable card!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin