Monday, April 25, 2011

A dirty little beach…

Tag for a Treasured Friend! When I first started working on this tag I had NO idea what direction it would take me.

Treasured-Friend-3

I started out with a blank Manila Craft Tag #8 ( I LOVE THESE), a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink, and a little bit of Broken China ink.  I used my non-stick craft sheet, a bit of water and the walnut stain ink and applied it mostly around the edges.  I felt like it sort of resembled a shore-line and a little light bulb light up in my head… so I sponged a tiny bit of the broken china ink in a few places and thought that the little girls from Treasured Friend would work perfectly!! 

Treasured-Friend-1

It’s a pretty good-sized tag and the girls are pretty small, so I decided to leave the girls as their own scene at the bottom, but add some fun messy layers above them.  My eyes can’t really decide where to look first, but naturally they start at the top, which I think is just the way it should be.  One would think that the embellishments and layers would draw your attention away from what I feel is really the main part of the tag (the girls), but my eyes don’t spend much time up there at all – they are immediately drawn to the girls – which is PERFECT!!

Treasured-Friend-2

I love that the seam binding looks so ragged and worn, like’s it’s been hanging out at the beach all summer with the girls! The cute tiny rose-buds are made with the dyed seam binding to match! I went with the alphabet paper because it reminded me of schoolgirls – it just felt right!  I used the back side of an Adage Tickets to stamp the sentiment on and I slid a Charm Clip tided with a tiny shred of seam binding on the edge for a little hardware look.  The Tiny Attacher was perfect to attach the MFT – Open Scallop Border

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Broni said...

Are you kidding me?? I LOVE, love this, Kisa! Sheer perfection! Love that your colors are "of the beach", the precious little girls and those wonderful ragged roses!!

Debbie Corbari said...

Good Lord this is BEAUTIFUL girl!

Kelly Booth said...

I just adore this! Love the tiny rose buds such a great addition....love this!

Pam said...

HOLY MOLY KisaMari!
This is gorgeous, yes, it is Ü

How did I miss it?!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin