Thursday, April 21, 2011

Got some Cluckin’ good news?

How bout these cute clucks?  OH MY, how I LOVE these chicks!!  Seriously – they are so cute and fun and fabulous to color!! 

These cute chicks are from Paper Pretties – I used two stamp sets – the newly released Return of the Cluck and the older set Cluck Part II – they work PERFECTLY together!! 

heather-clucks-2

I used LOTS of dyed seam binding – I sort of wanted it to resemble a nest with some eggs, so I left the ribbon big and fluffy and added the buttons!  For the background of the circle, I used the cute chicken-wire stamp that comes in Cluck Part II.  I used Vintage Photo Stain – I love this stuff!.  First, I quickly rubbed the stain all over the circle and let it dry.  Then I used my craft mat and created some puddles of stain just by dabbing the stain onto the mat, then I gently placed the circle into the puddle – to get the nice water-drop look, don’t spread it around, just lay it right into the puddle gently then pick it straight up.  You get a great “oil-stain” look or spilled coffee look.  I let that dry and then stamped the great chicken-wire image!  You want to make sure it is dry so you don’t get any bleeding of your image.  

heather-clucks-3

I did the same spilled-oil look for the inside of the card… you can see it below – SIMPLE EASY-PEASY way to get that dirty grunge look we all love!! 

heather-clucks-1Hmm.. I think perhaps next week I’ll give a quick tutorial on how to make a coffee-cup stain on your cards : )  It’s quite easy!!    

Hope your day is great!! 

2 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Kisa, this is AWESOME!!! I love it!! You are such a stamping genius. :) Thanks for the tutorial as well, what a great idea and I would never have known it was so easy!

vc said...

Love, love, love! So clever- wonderful colors and coloring!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin