Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LOVE… and a little dirt

 

I 100% LOVE this sentiment and not just because I made it up … but I think it’s absolutely true in so many ways!! 

sunflower-seeds-hen--kisa

I LOVE the colors  and they happen to be The Color Throwdown colors this week – so proud of myself – two weeks in a row!!

Here’s the color challenge colors:

swatch 136

I decided to also add dark chocolate brown – I just had to… it’s dirt color, ya know?!! : )  But I think my hen and some of the distressing should cover the Kraft color!! : )

About the card….. I LOVE it!  It’s not too often that I love my own work or that I admit that I love it, but I really do love this one!  First off, I LOVE the stamp set – I designed it for Our Craft Lounge – I think I’d love it even if someone else designed it though!  It’s called Sunflower Seeds.  One of my favorite elements in the set is the rectangular frame, it’s a no-brainer grunge edge frame!!  No matter how hard I’ve tried in the past, there’s just no way that I could get a perfectly grungy frame like that!!  The sentiments and images in this set fit into the frame to create all sorts of fun.  A seed packet, a frame, or just a plain old grungy rectangle : )

sunflower-seeds-hen--kisa

When I saw this Sizzix Die – On the Fence, I knew it would go perfectly with dear Henny Penny!!  The Mini Fasteners that look like little screws…..LOVE those too!!  For the little fancy slit, I used the Ornamental Photo Corners – Movers and Shapers die. 

sunflower-seeds-hen--kisa

The brick pattern embossing is from my favorite texture fade folder – Bricked and WoodgrainLOVE!!

sunflower-seeds-hen--kisa

I dyed seam binding to match.. and then stuck a Trinket Pin in it – fun stuff!! 

sunflower-seeds-hen--kisa

And of course the paper….. LOOOVVVVEEE (in my most angelic singing voice ever)  - I’m totally addicted to this paper – so much that I’ve neglected to use much else since receiving it!!  It’s sweet sweet My Mind’s Eye – Mabel.  

Well, I think that about wraps it up – I LOVE lots of things today…and I’m always willing to get a little dirty ; )

5 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Kisa, this is FABULOUS! LOVE the bricks, LOVE the little fence, and PERFECT use of the colors!!! Awesome design!

Joy said...

Kisa, I also LOOOOOOOVE this creation.... Every little piece of goodness!

Broni said...

DANG!!! What a fabulous card, Kisa!! I adore it!! There are so many fantastic details to look at over and over!! And I think your sentiment totally rocks!!

Laura Pryor said...

This is great, Kisa! It's been so cool to have you with us! Love love love this image and fun design!

dpkennedy said...

ACK! I love everything about this! That sentiment is fabulous!! I love chickens too (wish I had some, but that's another story...)! Every element is textural and has such depth! I am so glad you joined in again! Keep it coming girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin