Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Send ME sun-filled days!!

Lord knows I need some!!  I’m pretty sure it’s rained all but maybe 5 days in the month of March and so far in April.   Today we actually had a very nice day, yesterday too, and I’m pretty sure this card is to blame!!  I made it for MYSELF as I needed a little sunshine and it sure did cheer me up!! 

sending-sunshine-kp-3

Okay, if I must be honest, I made this card for the Color Throwdown Challenge 137!

swatch 137

As soon as I saw the color “Summer Sun”  I knew exactly what set I had to use!! Sunshine Cheer from Our Craft Lounge!  I also used the tree from Swingin’ By.  I think they worked perfectly together!   I even used the cloud from Sunshine Cheer as a mask for the airbrushed sky!  It worked great!! 

One of the main reasons I love clear acrylic stamps is the ability to manipulate and “bend” the sentiments in many different directions.  I love the look of it wavy instead of just straight across!  Makes the set even more versatile!  I free-hand cut the sentiment and used my copic marker to line the edges so it would stand out a bit!  The grass die is MFT – Die-Namics Fresh Cut Grass and the scalloped edge just peeking out is MFT – Die-Namics - Open Scallop Border.  The paper… oh how I LOVE the paper -- It’s MMI Stella and Rose – Mabel

sending-sunshine-kp-1

I used a bit of Spica glitter pen on the leaves and a little bit on the sun (the dots)  to give it some added shine  and sparkle – you can kind of see it here : )

sending-sunshine-kp-2

Be sure to check out the other great color inspirations at The Color Throwdown today, then pull out your Summer Sun and have a sunshiny day!! 

10 comments:

slbt17 said...

oh Kisa - this is so cute!
Sandra ltb

dpkennedy said...

I LOVE this!!! The image is so cute and your layout is awesome! The curved sentiment banner, the stitching, the grass, the background clouds...Kisa it's amazing!

Laura Pryor said...

Look at you busting out the sewing machine!!! I love this, Kisa! that image is FABULOUS! You've colored it perfectly and I love the layout and papers! WOW! It's REALLY so good! Oh and how can I forget to mention the sentiment! WOW too!

Barbara said...

Girl! You go!! Love this card, Kisa! It's sure full of sunshine and super cheerful!!

Debbie Corbari said...

This is beautiful Kisa!

Broni said...

I love this, Kisa!! I love how you used the sun peeking out from behind the tree and how you added sparkle. I've always loved that little sun, but never got that set, darn it. It's going on my list! I'm so glad you played with us again this week!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your card Kisa....such a fun happy scene!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'm so glad you played again this week, Kisa! This is fabulous! LOVE that sweet tree and the sunshine, and your zig-zag stitches on the edges are fabulous!

Lea L. said...

Oh my...this is so so cute!! I just love the happy little scene you created!!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so adorable, Kisa! I LOVE that you are channeling sunshine!! I think it worked for my neck of the woods...and yes, I totally credit your card for our fab weather :] That paper IS delish, and your stitching is amazing!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin