Monday, May 16, 2011

May we Challenge you?

The Inspiration Emporium has a new challenge for the month of May!! (Yes, I know I’m weeks late – but better late than never, right?)  So here it is…..  PACKAGING!! Create something with some sort of packaging – We want to see you upcycle your product packaging!  You can find all of the challenge information on the ‘packaging’ link!!

Can you find my repurposed packaging?    I used a Cherry Coke Zero Can! Can you find it?

package-1-kp

It’s the bird!!  Cool, right?  I used Tim Holtz’ Caged Bird die cut – it cut the tin can beautifully!!  I added some rustic colors with my Copic Markers – they worked PERFECTLY on the tin too!!   Then I used the brick embossing folder from the Bricked and Woodgrain set – and it embossed beautifully as well!  In Oregon, I can get a 0.5 cent refund for this soda can, but a 0.5 cent embellishment?  NO WAY!   I used Adage Tickets AGAIN! I love those guys – especially perfect when I don’t have the perfect sentiment stamp!  I used the Sentiment Flat Die and stamp set from Lil’ Inker Designs to stamp and cut the ticket – gave it a fun new look!!  I had LOTS of fun with the Kaiser Craft Pearls – Pearl color and just created some free-flowing swirls.  The birdcage and paper behind it comes from the yummy Mabel paper pack as well.  I used a pre-cut Manila Craft Tag #8, as well as Wild Honey Stain and Vintage Photo Stain to create the background and distressed the edges  with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Now go to the Inspirational Journal and check out some fabulous upcycled samples and join in the challenge! 

2 comments:

Pam said...

You're brilliant KisaMari!!

dpkennedy said...

Kisa, this is gorgeous! I LOVE that bird!! I never ever thought to die cut a tin can! Now I know what to do with all those nasty Budweiser cans!!! The whole tag is fabulous! You're a genius!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin