And I LOVED it! I wish that I had more time to create the card - I threw it together this evening between doctor visits, prescription pickups, and a Pampered Chef party! I normally do my Throwdown cards and my Jacksonbelle cards over the weekend so I have them ready, but I just didn't get the chance this time. (Note to self....never ever get this far behind again so that I have to make a last-minute card.)
I had several days to think about this color challenge and my card..... this is totally NOT what I was thinking of! I had hoped for some scrapbooking paper that would work for all of the colors but I was pretty sure I didn't have anything like that, so I figured I'd get out all of the colors in paper and ink...and that was as far as I got! I thought about butterflies....but then I saw LeAnne's and knew I couldn't copy! I thought about polka dots.... and that was about as far as I got! I went to my paper pile and I found this Sassafrass paper - I was so relieved! It has lots of very similar colors to the challenge - I knew it would work! There are actually several layers to this card. The base of the card is the Ruby Red, then my next layer is Soft Sky, I added the Sassafrass scalloped edge to the bottom of the Soft Sky, then put the Sassafrass polka-dot layer on top of that. At this point, you could see the Soft Sky layer on the top and the bottom of the polka-dot paper, but then I decided I wanted to put a strip of Pumpkin Pie along the bottom instead, and on top of that strip - I added the "Barely Banana" ribbon! Next, I needed some Certainly Celery - and I thought that the greenish flower on this Sassafrass paper with the owl would work well enough - so I cut out a partial circle of the patterned paper and lined that up along the Pumpkin Pie strip. I punched out lots of circles, cut them in half, and stuck them behind the owl paper for a scalloped edge - I liked the way that this separated the two patterned papers. I used a black Zig pen to add a bit of stitching to the scallops. Then I felt just a touch guilty for not using real Certainly Celery, so I added the photo corners with yellow brads and a bit more Zig pen stitching, then I finished it off with an orange flower! So, I think I got all of the colors in....the only true color that I didn't get was the Barely Banana, but the Basic Gray Ribbon and the brads were very close, as well as some of the yellow in the owl! Pheww! That was a toughy! I was so excited to get all of the colors into this card.....I forgot to stamp! Oops!
Play along and post your link here so we can see it!