Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jacksonbelle Sketch and Contest

I can't believe it is already week 3 of the Jacksonbelle Embellishments Contest! Please read the contest info here: Contest Rules and Info. You don't have to do much to qualify - just make a card following any of the sketches and email it to Lynda. There are GREAT prizes!

Sketch #3.
If you upload to Splitcoast please use JBE020 so we can find it! We'd love to see what you make!
Here's what I made!

Spooky, isn't it?! I used Inkadinkado Halloween Trails stamp set and Imaginisce paper, Hallowhimsy - Eeks & Shrieks and Lollipop Lizzy. I think the paper is so stinkin cute! I cut the word "Spooky" off of the Eeks & Shrieks, it is even embossed a bit, so the letters are a bit 3D and shiny, and that made it easier to cut! I stamped the spiders from Halloween Trails on the background of the card with Black ink, then I used a glitter pen and highlighted some of the spiders and the web, it gave it sort of a spooky sparkle. For the main image, I stamped Versamark on glossy white cardstock, then I sponged it with black ink - I guess you'd call this Versamark resist. I hardly ever do techniques - so I never remember the names. I thought it sort of made the image a bit more foggy and spooky! After I inked it with black and rubbed it all in, I used a yellow Prismacolor Alcohol Marker to color the moon. I left the card quite simple with layers because I felt that the glitter and technique were quite enough.

Design Team Members
The Queen Bee...Lindsey
Lynda Benden
Amber Hight
Beth Thomas
Broni Holcombe
Dee Jackson
Elizebeth Neumann
Rachel
Lila Holgate
Maren Benedict

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to enter the contest - and let me know if you do so I can look for your card!

3 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Oooo, spooky!!!! Love the look of those crows!

Lynda Benden said...

Now your card is SPOOKY!!! I LOVE it Kisa! That stamp is awesome and the papers and shimmer works perfectly!

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY COOL effect on the card, Kisa! I love how it looks foggy! Love the papers and the spooky sentiment, too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin