Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jacksonbelle Sketchy Tuesday!

It is a COLD Tuesday morning here in Oregon….burrr! 

I started my card LATE last night and just didn’t feel like anything Christmassy.  I dug through my Basic Grey papers from Jacksonbelle Embellishments and spotted Offbeat.  I think this paper is just so dang cute!  I flipped through the pages and this veggie design jumped right out at me! I thought….Hmm… not Christmassy and cute!  I’ve been trying to eat healthier these last few weeks and so far….NOT good… and this Inkadinkado stamp set was just calling my name (the rest of the sentiment inside the card says “And All I’ve Lost is 31 days”) and I thought it would work perfectly with the veggie paper because we all know eating healthy means eating more veggies!! 

Lynda came up with a great sketch and I followed it by memory (not because my memory is good, but because I had turned my computer off and was too lazy to turn it back on to check the sketch).  I think I pulled it off close enough! 

Tipping the scales….

The true colors are a bit off in the picture but it really is a bright card..  I used prismacolor pencils to color the girl.  The light pink cardstock is Bazzill and the darker red/pink is DCWV adhesive-backed stack – I forgot I had this….and I LOVED using it last night!  Nestabilities cut it beautifully and you just peel the back off and WHAM! it sticks!!  The ribbon is  A Muse – I used my very last stash for this card, but the color and size were just what I was looking for!  I think I would have liked to put one more bow on there, but I was out!  Now don’t you think this paper makes a super cute diet card?

Be sure to check out the other Jacksonbelle Embellishments Design Team Girls listed on my sidebar on the left – this is our LAST Tuesday together….it has been fun!  JBelle should be announcing her new girls very soon!

6 comments:

Maren said...

Fabulous! I love that image and sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Kisa! I love the colors you used!! :D

Heather said...

This is awesome! The veggies are cute and perfect for this card! I love it!

Rachel Hope said...

LOL....I love the stamp/paper combo!!! :D

Broni said...

PERFECT! Love the pairing of this paper and image, Kisa! Such an adorable card!!!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love the sentiment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin