Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pat the Pink Loving Dog!

I thought I’d share a little Pat The Dog with you today.  I must admit that as much as I LOVE the color pink (maybe not as much as Cami), I just don’t do pink and purple….so it is a good thing that this is just a touch more blue than purple, (but still, I’m having a bit of a hard time with it!).  I see other people use it and it looks great, it is just one color combination I would rather not play with very often!  I will admit though that I DO love the background paper and how easy it was to make and how quickly the card came together with it! 

The card is just your regular 4.25 x 4.25 square card with one layer for the background and one layer for a mat for the main image.  Simple layout, simple embellishments, and simple stamping!  One very cool thing about Our Craft Lounge stamp sets is that each one has at least one border stamp in it, some have more.  (Smart girls over there at OCL!)   I’m now back in the market for more multicolored ink pads because they make the border stamps very fun!  For this card I used Brilliance Twilight with three colors. Yes, I know, why do I own this ink pad if it is a combo of pink and purple?  My defense is that I bought this when I first started stamping several years ago, before I realized I just couldn’t do pink and purple!

Pat The Dog comes in Crafty Clear or Crafty Cling Rubber.  I own the clear in this set, and because it is clear I can see exactly where I’m placing my stamp to create the background paper.  If I had the rubber set, I might use a stampamajig or at least take a few practice stamps to see just where to place the stamp.   I dug through my stash and found this cute multicolored ribbon and a dog bone paperclip, which I thought finished off the card perfectly!  I also used an old blender pen dipped in the pink of the Brilliance Twilight ink to color the heart.  The ink actually has a great pearlescent shimmer to it, but the camera didn’t pick that up.   The dog was colored with Prismacolor pencils. 

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is totally freaking adorable! Where in the world did you get a dog bone paper clip? Fabulous bow too! Great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin