Friday, July 23, 2010

Can you believe it?

I actually stamped!!  Not for a blog hop or a celebration but just because I wanted to!!   Yeah for me!   Kendra created a great card over on the OCL Blog for the sketch challenge – OCLDT23

OCLDT23Kendra 

When I do sketch challenges, I don’t print the sketch or re-draw it, I recreate it by memory so it’s never exact – it’s sort of fun that way! 

So here’s my version:

dandelions

It’s sort of like the sketch, right?  What’s the same?  It has the scalloped bottom, the bow, the open section in the middle for the image, and the top piece (the striped paper with sentiment) divided by a distinct line (the other scalloped edge).   Those obviously were the design features that stuck in my head.. What’s different?  I didn’t round my corners.  I also didn’t leave it free-floating on the card base – I anchored it down by making the orange scalloped strip reach the edge.  I think it works though. 

What did I do?  The designer paper including the large and medium sized scalloped borders and the ‘main image’ piece with the little lacy border along the bottom came from a 6x6 Kaisercraft paper pack called Devinshire.  I LOVE that these packs not only come with the 6x6 designer paper but also die-cut borders and tags and other extras that match!   To create the aged-antiqued look I used my Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool and my Non-stick Craft Mat.  I used Tea Dye Distress Ink first to sponge the edges, bringing the ink closer to the center of the paper rather than just the edge.  Then I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink  on the outside edge to darken up the edges.  Using the two colors created a more even shadowed look without trying too hard : )  I also stamped my image and sentiment with the Walnut Stain.  The stamp set used is called Dandy Days from Our Craft Lounge.  It’s such a fun set to get dirty with! 

Have a great weekend!  I’m SOOO thank that it’s finally Friday and I get to have the weekend off!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin