Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wednesday Sketch Day!

Good Wednesday Morning! Sorry I'm running a bit late this morning. My son had a baseball game last night and it sort of put me behind with everything, but I still got to do the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge! SC175.

The card.

I wasn't too sure how much I was going to like the sketch just by looking at it...it seemed like quite the challenge for me, but it came together quite quickly actually and I like the end result! Simple yet eye catching! It was really late (1:30 a.m. ) and I decided I needed to keep it simple, so I stuck to the sketch and the only fancy work I did was making the stamped image a bit two-toned and then I added a row of dots around the right half-circle, and I also added some stickles to the butterflies to give it a little dimension, but I don't think that shows up in the picture. That was it! The paper.....OH how I love the paper! It is a recent find for me in a clearance stack at a scrapbook store, so I'm assuming it is old news..but new to me. Anyway, it is called Daisy Bucket...it is delicioso! It is quite thin but has some yummy texture and takes ink well. I used it on another card, but I will show that one tomorrow! Cardstock is Choc. Chip, and perhaps More Mustard, but I didn't think that I owned that color - maybe that rust color, but for sure not Pumpkin, Marigold, or Apricot (I found it in my scrap box). I'm terrible with the SU colors that I don't use often, lots of the purples, blues, and greens, I just don't know. It is a bit orange, but a bit dirty looking, all I know is that it matched the DP good enough...and it was close to the right size, so I used it! The beautiful butterflies are from Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs. (Jacksonbelle has one left in stock!) I am so happy with this stamp set....I reach for it often! Ooh, and I used Versamagic inks for the butterflies. I think this ink works beautifuly for clear stamps and is my first choice if I have the color! (Note to self...get more Versamagic colors!) I was actually shocked that I had the right colors for this card!

10 comments:

Maren said...

Gorgeous!!! I was thinking of skipping this one but you have inspired me!! THANKS!

Heather said...

Terrific card. I thought the sketch was a little unusal but you did an awesome job with it. I may just have to try it out. Are you sure it is more mustard...JUST KIDDING :)
The card is just beautiful!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Very kewl card .. but, you know if "made it so it was more of a pop-up so you could have gotten it in an envelope!" Still gigglin' over that!

Thanks for the kind words! You're a sweetie!!

~Hugs, Deb

Amanda said...

Very cute! I love how this turned out! Awesome colors!!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is so very pretty...love the color palette!

jjcreations said...

Awesome card for this challenge....I'm going to work on it tomorrow since I didn't get to today. Joan

Delia said...

What a stunning card. I love that colors, love the butterflies. Beautiful.

Elizebeth said...

this is so, so pretty! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your colors make the sketch really striking and interesting. My vote is for More Mustard.

Deelite said...

Kisa, I just love the way the butterflies look with the versamagic inks. Simple, but just lovely.
Dee

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin