Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Color Throwdown Week 5

Hi all! Welcome to week 5 of the Color Throwdown! It was my turn to pick the colors...so here they are! You likey?? I do! Hmm, maybe that's why I picked them!? Or maybe I picked them because they matched some paper I'd been wanting to use for a while! : ) My true color pick was for Marigold Morning, but since that is old news, I thought I'd better throw a more current color in the mix...so I went with So Safron (I used Marigold Morning cuz I have a couple pieces stashed away!).

The card.


I've loved this Inka stamp since the first time I saw it at Jacksonbelle Embellishments, but I didn't order right away. I kept asking myself..."Self? How many bird stamps does one girl need?" Obviously the answer is LOTS because it just so happened to land in my shopping cart as I was rushing like a crazy woman through the Inka aisles trying not to be sidetracked....I was only there to pick up one clear set (Winter Birds - ack! More birds!) and a bit of Shimmerz! To be honest, I didn't even know that I liked birds! The patterned paper is from Me and My Big Ideas, and I think I've had it for nearly 3 years! It was a small scrapbooking kit that was gifted to me. It came with stickers, rub-ons, paper, all sorts of goodies. The sentiment is a sticker from the package as well. I thought it went well with the Inka image! I was also thrilled to find that I actually had matching buttons! I stamped the image on white shimmery paper, colored it with Prismacolor pencils, and then I painted over the birds with a matching Shimmerz Glitter Paint. I used Pink and Sunflower. Then I added a bit of dots with my white gel pen - I even added it to the sticker. (I was going to link the products so you could see them for yourself, but JB isn't working right now - or blogger, not sure which - sorry.)

And is Shimmerz too!

Thanks for checking out the Throwdown today! I hope you play along - and be sure to link it up here!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love this color combo!

mueppi said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön!
Toll coloriert!!!!!!!!

Broni said...

I just love the beautiful, bright colors and happy feeling of this cute card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I just LOVE those birdies! I've had that stamp for a week now! Have I used it yet??? NO! Gorgeous card, Kisa and I love the colors for today! Great job!

marywebb said...

Awesome card Kisa!! I am starting to really like bird stamps because of you!!!

Kim Ross said...

More fabulous work!! Stunning card! :)

Cathy Rulli said...

love the shimmer!!! Great stamp, paper - love it all!!!

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely loving this! That paper is awesome with those cute birds and of course, the Shimmerz are TDF! Hope you have an awesome week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin