Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jacksonbelle Tuesday...late...as usual!

Today for the Jacksonbelle Embellishments Design Team Challenge anything goes and that is a very good thing because I was out of town this weekend and came home to a sick kid, and didn't get a chance to make a card, so I'm using a card I made last week when I was in the sponging mood!




I must thank Nancy Morgan and Nancy Littrell (click her name to see her card) for this card, as they both had outside influences on it! Last week I went to a SU! workshop and I met Nancy Morgan. She had some great projects and one of the cards was a card designed by Nancy Littrell. I LOVE going to SU! workshops because I learn so much or I am reminded of a long-forgotten technique. I LOVE to try other people's styles and techniques so I usually try to make exactly what the demonstrator is showing because it is usually something I wouldn't be able to come up with on my own and I always end up loving it!

Okay, so back to the card! I started out with a piece of white cardstock for the card front and a piece of scratch paper that was wider than the white cardstock, on one end I tore it, and on the other end, I punched a circle in it. I took this punched circle (the positive) and used repositionable adhesive and stuck it on the card front where I wanted the moon to be. Then I placed the torn-edge of the scratch paper about 1/3 down the white card front and began sponging. I used blues and purples. When I was happy with the sponged sky, I took off the circle (the positive piece) , then I took the scratch paper that I had punched the circle in (so this would be the negative piece) and I stuck that over the white spot that was left underneath the positive circle punch, and then I sponged with yellows and oranges. Could I make it any more confusing? After all of the sponging, I stamped the Inkadinkado Halloween Trails witch in Black and added a bit of glitter with a Sakura glitter pen. I used oval nesties to cut out the label and sponged the edges just a bit too. I layered a piece of black ribbon and the A Muse sheer yellow ribbon and added the sentiment (The Angel Company). I finished it off with a few Martha Bats! Really, a simple card - but I love the look!

Do check out the other girls and see what they came up with!

Design Team Members
The Queen Bee...Lindsey
Lynda Benden
Amber Hight
Beth Thomas
Broni Holcombe
Dee Jackson
Rachel
Lila Holgate
Maren Benedict

7 comments:

Heather said...

This is really cute! I love how you did the sky!

Rachel Hope said...

Love it!!! That witch ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

WOAh Kisa! This is totally awesome! I love how you did that background!! Awesome job!

Lila H said...

Stunning background - funny how we forget some of the basics and first techniques we learned and used.... what a great opportunity to be reminded - hope the kid(s) are doing better!!!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is AWESOME Kisa!!! I love the sponging and all the masking you did ~ great card Kisa! Hope you all are feeling better!!!!

Beth Thomas said...

What a wonderful spooky scene! I love this, Kisa! Hope you are all on the mend!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin